So I was home sick again today and I wanted to feel I was somewhat productive.
Turns out I accidentally wrote out a full outline for a new Fairy Tale storybook project…
Like seriously…everything short of the copy is written.
Follow up #2
New station, different root band, only one book marked one, and somehow I STILL get Christian bands????!!
Starting to wonder if PANDORA has some sinister agenda to fulfill…
Followup to previous post…
When I get two Christian metal bands out the gate and back to back I think that’s a sign that I need to delete this particular station…
PANDORA continues to play christian metal for me…
Meanwhile I continue to ponder why I still bother listening to PANDORA…
- Have a piece of my work either sold, published, or broadcast
- Beat Resident Evil: Code Veronica X (the only RE game I haven’t beaten)
- Learn to Sail
- Spend a day on a Habitat for Humanity build
- Go Deer Hunting
- Start a Roth IRA account
- Get my Masters Degree
- Go on an over-sea’s vacation (Ireland/Japan/Australia)
- Learn how to paint somewhat decently
- Go Jet Skiing
- Learn a Foreign language
- Not suck at math
Prolly more to put on here, but this is just off the top of my head at the moment
So, I’m quite accustomed to weird dreams, really…it’s kinda what I do aside from drawing, cooking, and being an overall super-nerd. But occasionally I’ll get a dream that ends up really killing any kind of good mood I would have for the next day. What’s worse is that it wasn’t a nightmare either…
Not going into too much detail, lest I be jaccused of posting bitch-assness and other such nonsense.
There were a lot of weird things going on in this particular dream, an underground resort or some sort where the walls were painted in neon-glow in the dark colors in various designs and patterns mostly composed of swirls and other trippy nonsense. There was a small corridor where people could sleep on slabs molded from the earth in a bunk-bed type fashion and alarm clock like things next to each. In what I can only assume as the center was a huge common area almost like an amphitheater where people where dancing and overall just having a great time.
This was only part of my dreams mind you, if I remember correctly I woke up sometime around 5 and fell back asleep and started a whole new set of dreams that I can’t even remember now. But that first half is really what I’m focusing on.
There is one crucial detail to the dream that I’m leaving out, and that’s the detail that is sticking with me, the detail that I will be trying to drown out today with work and music.
This isn’t the first time a detail of this type has left me a little off the next day. That’s not at all to say I’m used to it. If anything, it’s starting to wear me down. Here’s hoping this is the last dream of this kind for a while.
January- Dress in Drag ala Kids in the Hall
January- Derek Schlender
February- Man with no Marketable Skills
February- Jimmy Lightning from Peggle
May- WFC Optimus Prime
August- Jimmy Lightning from Peggle
September- Mexican Wrestler Ted
October- Angel Batista from Dexter
Ok so, with the oncoming project finally getting off the ground I’m trying to plan ahead for when it’s all finished. This particular project was an experiment to prove to myself that I CAN create a full sized project start-to-finish. With Avery Library well on it’s way to fulfilling that experiment, I just wanted to give you an idea of a few things that are on my wishlist of previous projects I tried to get off the ground but never did.
- Untitled Leone/Rodriguez tribute- Combining influences of Spaghetti westerns and the over-the-top Robert Rodriguez action film, this story centers upon a mysterious stranger who blows into a small coastal town of Alaska to clean up the corruption brought in by drug trade.
- Trippy- This was the second closest I’ve gotten to a fully completed project…however problems arose with the second act and…well…went on the shelf. This project is a musical flash cartoon telling the tale of a girl sucked into a land where music provides life, however is strictly controlled by a tyrannical diva who only distributes music she approves of.
- Gloom Kitty- One of my very first project stories, plagued with so many problems and in a desperate need for a re-imagining. The concept is there, but the details and story need a lot of work. Jamie is having nightmares, quite a bit lately actually, but things start getting so much worse when old, violent, memories start coming back to life.
- SAVED GAME (working title)- Another project that needs a lot of work. A man traveling on his way to work on the downtown bus saves his portable video game, and at that very moment, the bus is T-Boned by a large truck killing many onboard including him…or so it would seem. He now finds himself at odds with death, re-spawning at the exact moment of the crash every time he “dies.”
For some reason, people seem to be basing their beverage choices on their love lives.
Example: “I take my coffee like I take my women/men…”
I never saw the appeal in it. If I were to do that, my coffee would be cold, bitter, and never with me for very long.
I’m tired of people saying stuff like “I love her/him because they’re the kind of person who goes out of their way to bring a bug outside instead of killing it” and “they’ll watch movies they hate just for me.”
I want to find someone I can love because she can drink me under the table and call me a girl when I’m hung over the next morning.
Apparently the plot to the new TRANSFORMERS movie involves the autobots getting caught up in a space race between the USA and Russia…
No, I’m not kidding.
A little info on the new secret project!!
- Working Title: AVERY LIBRARY
- Primary Influences: H.P. Lovecraft and A. Lee Martinez
- Format: Full Color Serial Comic
- Series?: Possible…have ideas for sequels if I so choose to do them
- Availability: Haven’t decided yet. Most likely will post on DA and Tumblr only, that is unless a certain something else gets off the ground…then there might be something more official.
- Origins: Originally conceived as a series of novels. The tone has flip-flopped to purely comedic, to dead serious, back to comedic, then finally to it’s current iteration which is a combination of both.
- Can we eat it?: I…wait, what?????
- What about AZA?: It depends on how time consuming this project is and the response I get to it.
Just edited my OKCupid profile. Made it sound as weird and disturbing as possible because let’s face it…it’s OKCupid…I ain’t striking gold there, might as well have fun.