- V-Town Packy is stocking Black and Tan’s…my liver sense grave danger in this
- I really need to write down the weight of my Oven Roast next time before I wrap it in freezer paper
- Even with crazy wind outside, an oven can heat the HELL out of the house
- This week’s RULES OF ENGAGEMENT didn’t suck…perhaps the series has some life in it yet.
- That goth chick from CSI Miami may very well be the Red Flag to my Bull…when I see her, I want to kill things…
- Auto Tune the News songs are no longer available for mp3 download…copy and paste last five words from previous bullet point
- Any girl I am able to con into spending more than 10 minutes with me will most likely eat very well, but on the downside, have to sit and watch endless hours of DC Universe Blu Ray movies…that is, if you consider badass Bruce Timm produced epic adventures in awesome a “downside.”
I tried posting “Baby Bump” photos on facebook once. Everyone just said I was fat…
Ok…so I’m pretty much obsessed with music. I can’t go a day without listing to some at SOME point in the day.
The problem is, do to my heavy usage and everyday wear and tear, I go through headphones like crazy. Usually averaging around at least two pairs a year.
I figured I’d go the cheap route and get me a pair of $10 Skull Candy earbuds…you can only imagine how that ended up.
So here’s my question out to the tumblr, twitter, and facebook verse…
What should I buy for headphones (either can style or earbud) that will provide me with good sound and will last me more than a year, preferably more?
NOT FUN: Double Card Bingo
…Seriously, my stress level is so frigging high right now.
The disadvantage to being single doesn’t really hit you until you have something you want to do and all your friends are busy. Unfortunately, if going to bingo alone like a schmuk isn’t enough, it seems that Halloween I’ll be spending all by my lonesome…
Now, I’m not asking for much really. The title pretty much says it all, well…that and of course an insane amount of Horror Movies.
Halloween is like Christmas for me. I don’t know why, but I’ve always loved the holiday. The costumes, the spookyness, pumpkins, candy, parties, blood and guts…it’s all so magical really. The past few years I’ve spent the holiday curled up on the couch stuffing my face with candy and watching movies; and with each year passing the novelty of doing it alone simply because I could do whatever I wanted (a novelty discovered in college) has worn out significantly…
Now…I just want someone to chill with.
I find myself wanting that more and more lately. In a lot of ways. Maybe this whole “I’m totally ok with being single” mask is starting to show it’s cracks…
I dunno. Just file this entry into the ever growing “EMO DUBBZ” file and move on with your life. Pretty much just venting at this point.
Electric bill is killing me legit. Seriously, I don’t know how the hell I racked up $186 last month and $136 this month. Personally, I call “BULLSHIT” on CL&P. It’s just me and three cats in one house…and unless they’re secretly running the air conditioner full blast every day while I’m at work while running the drier and roasting a thanksgiving turkey…it seriously should not be up that high. It wasn’t even that much when there were two humans living here, one who played his XBOX pretty much every day.
At least I’ll be saving money on phone. Called AT&T today and found out that whoever told my mom she needed a phone plan to have internet was just trying to con more money out of her. Nice…anyways, that’s going to be fixed right quick if I’m the only one in the house. I’m no pushover. Saving nearly $27 a month by doing some “HSI Direct” thing, I dunno, all I know is that it saves me money, and that’s all I really care about.
Starting to get paranoid about the car thing. I’m like 99.9% posetive it’s the starter that needs to get replaced but then my pre-investment paranoia sets in. No matter how much it needs to get done, I get this terrifying question nagging me in the back of my head “what if it turns out to be a waste?” In this case, “what if it’s not the starter?” So, before I ended up forking the dough over for a new starter I’m gonna double check with the grandfather and get a second opinion. I guess I COULD take it to a mechanic, but frankly, I don’t like getting teh buttsecks…especially not the metaphorical equivalent of such via being overcharged for labor. If I can do it myself, why would I pay someone else to do it?
Maybe I’m just incredibly cheap…I dunno. Frankly I see myself as practical.
That time of year is here again! LORDI is out with a new CD fresh from those Finnish monster-rockers across the pond. This time around it’s a little album by the name of Babez for Breakfast.
Last release, we were treated to Deadache, in my opinion their strongest album to date. So this time around expectations were high, perhaps it was such a high bar that was set that I feel so disappointed in B4B.
I dunno…the album SOUNDS like it has all the stuff there to be great, it just seems to me that it’s missing something to push it over the edge of bland to mind-numbing awesome. Like any Lordi album, or any CD in general, you have your ups and downs. You have your songs of inspired genius, your flatliners, and your “in the middles” that seem like they could be something more then they are. The difference with this album is that songs of inspired genius are in very short supply, leaving the album mostly inhabited with “in the middle” songs.
Songs like Call Off the Wedding, This is Heavy Metal, and Babez for Breakfast all sound like they have something to offer, but fall short of what makes songs like Snows in Hell, Blood Red Sandman, and my personal favorite Hate at First sight such great songs. Meanwhile, other track like Rock Police, Discoevil, and I’m Bigger than You fall so flat that I can’t even remember what the latter example goes.
Unfortunately this leaves only three real gems left on a 15-16 (depending on the version) track album. Granny’s Gone Crazy, Give Your Life to Rock and Roll, and Devil’s Lullaby. Considering how many gems can be pulled off of Deadache and Arockalypse, this is indeed far too little for a follow-up album to aforementioned two.
That’s not to say it’s the worst Lordi album, sadly, that still goes to Monsterican Dream where most of the album is a collective blur. It’s just not anything spectacular really.
For people looking to get into the band, I would rate the albums as such…
- DEADACHE (Fourth Album…I love this album so much it’s not even funny. Nearly all of my favorite Lordi songs are off this album. It’s just a very well polished, well produced piece of musical genius. Not to mention it’s probably the most fun as far as subject matter.)
- THE AROCKALYPSE (Third Album)
- GET HEAVY (First Album…I know, sacrilege right? Well, no. Some bands actually top their first album, and Lordi is one of them. Sorry, purists, that’s just the way it is.)
- BABEZ FOR BREAKFAST (Fifth Album)
- MONSTERICAN DREAM (Second Album…the only album you’ll have to import is sadly not worth the money. It’s just…well, bland like I said above. There are a few gems on this album and if you can get them individually you should: Blood Red Sandman, My Heaven is your Hell, Pet the Destroyer.)
Is it weird I want to be The Shadow Man from “The Princess and the Frog?”