I do this everytime…it’s a good thing, no doubt about it, but it’s just a little bit odd to me, not to mention something that makes me feel more than a little silly.
I’m by no means an optimist, my crippling paranoia and social anxiety speak volumes on that point. I am however, a hopeless romantic.
So, if I’m planning on asking a girl out, have already asked them out, or even have a girl I fancy…I start tidying my house like a madman!
“I don’t want this girl to think I’m a total slob!!” I say, running around the house, putting away random Transformers that have found their way upstairs, tossing random pieces of scrap paper, and re-organizing my entire living space in preparation for entertaining a lady guest with whom I have no idea whether or not I have a solid shot with.
This weekend is a prime example of this. Here’s the shortlist…
- Re-shelved books into two seperate areas (legitimate literature and Cookbooks, Graphic Novels, and Goosebumps books)
- Moved Godzilla/Kaiju movie collection in DVD cabinet
- Cleaned off top of DVD cabinet to make room for Telescope and Humidors
- Stored Tax stuff, and Computer manuals
- Cleaned Kitchen of clutter
- Cleaned living room of clutter
- Cleaned kitchen floor
I can’t help but scold myself for getting my hopes up for something I have no idea will happen. So far all I have is a very tentative outing with a female whom I have gotten very little time to get to know and therefore have no reading on her idea of me.
But, like I said…it certainly isn’t a bad thing. The place looks damn nice.